Monday, April 23, 2012

All about Skin.

WARNING : LONG POST ! :) 

I have had severe acne problems for the past few years. It's been particularly horrible the past year. Much worse than when I was younger. I have tried many different skin care products. I was using Proactive for years until one day it literally just STOPPED working.  I've heard a lot about adult acne and know now that a lot of people experience it but let me tell you , it sucks. I used to be able to go to the gym without makeup on.  I mean who wears makeup to the gym right?  Now, I can't leave the house without it or I feel disgusting. I cringe when people whine about having one zit. Try going to the pool with no makeup on to lay out and wanting to cover your face the whole time with a beach towel. I probably sound dramatic but some people get seriously depressed with acne! I haven't but occasionally I can't look in the mirror without crying and that's just the truth. I miss my old face!

 I decided to get new makeup a few weeks ago to try and cover it up better and feel better about myself since I can't seem to figure out how to clear it up. With my previous makeup regime I would just keep reapplying and reapplying to cover up spots until I looked so uneven and orange my mom had to tell me whatever I was doing wasn't working. She inspired me to get new stuff. 

 I have so much scarring and my skin is so uneven now from the acne. I'm usually not one that wears any foundation or heavy makeup. I went to Sephora one day and found a woman who worked there that had similar problems to me. She helped me tremendously! Not only did she give me tips and tricks about acne prone skin but helped me feel pretty again with these items. 

The trick…. full coverage makeup. I used to use tinted moisturizers and those just do not cover up acne and scarring. I love the new products and it really helps me look like I used to!!!! 

Once I figure out how to clear the acne up they have another product which is less heavy and I am hoping to be able to try it out this summer! 

The goods...





This is heavy makeup but I still never feel like I have any on. LOVE IT!



She referred to this as the makeup version of photoshop. It just kinds of blends everything together and makes it look smooth.


Best blush ever. 



I use this for a little shimmer on the cheeks and use the colors individually for eyeshadows. Amazin.



One of the tips she gave me was to wash your makeup brushes often because they breed bacteria. Hello I NEVER wash them. This spray can be used everyday on them to quickly kill bacteria before each use. And she said I MUST wash them every week with a cleanser or baby shampoo.



The woman also told me that certain types of exfoliators can spread acne and make it worse. So she gave me a sample of one. Glad I sampled this stuff before buying it since it's not cheap. I ended up loving it. The smell alone makes it worth it. I use it twice a week now to help with breakouts and have started to notice a slight different. It can be a little drying which can be bad for acne as well. I also use it as a spot treatment on a big pimple at night and it helps dry it out quickly! 


Lastly, I got this awesome acrylic thingy to store all my makeup I use everyday in as well as my brushes. LOVE IT SO MUCH. I can stick it in my bathroom closet when I'm not using it. It's from Target and is a must have. 


Almost done I swear….

I have recently, in the past week, decided to try some organic methods of treating acne. I have been hearing a lot about them and have had a few people recommend I try them out. 

So today on my trips to Trader Joes and Whole Foods I picked up these items. 



Will post more about these later because I'm pretty sure if you've made it this far you're losing interest. :) 
But stay tuned!!!!!

P.S. Here I am with all my new makeup on.


3 comments:

Chelsea said...

First of all, you're still one of the sexy people I know zits or no zits. Secondly, I have crap skin too so I know how you feel. I can't even wear open back dresses, tops, or bathing suits without feeling self-conscious because my back is a red spotted mess. I saw that you found an exfoliator but if you're looking for an actual cleanser try bare minerals deep cleansing foam. i'm obsessed with it and it lasts a pretty long time. they might even give you a sample if you wanted to just try it out :) i also use one of their overnight treatments that's kind of expensive but it not only keeps my skin clear, it shrinks my pores and helps my already forming wrinkles. and holy geez this is a long comment. wah!. 'kay miss you bye :)

Jordan said...

How excited Jess! That photo looks great! I'm excited for you and excited to hear about the organic natural products end up working!

Jess said...

Thanks ladies!!!! Haven't been on here in awhile. Miss your faces.